March 3, 2014

Monday's Musical Delight - Playlist #28: Modern Soul

When people ask me what kind of music I like, I usually respond with "uhm pop? and rock..?", because these words pretty much encompass half of modern day music, and most people understand what you mean by it. Of course, these descriptions are pretty vague (and boring), and can quite easily be subdivided in and led back to many other genres, that are far more specific. Like bluesrock. Or Britpop. Or death metal. When you look at it like that, I really like a lot of genres! One of the genres that I have been listening to a lot lately, is soul. Not the original soul though, but things they call "neo soul" and "blue-eyed soul" nowadays (because we love making up new labels :p) But that's enough talk for now - bring on the music!

Lisa

PS: Do you like a particular genre of music?

No comments:

Post a Comment